June 10, 1996
October 13, 1993
COMMERCIAL ITEM DESCRIPTION
WEBBING, TEXTILE; POLYESTER LOW ELONGATION
The General Services Administration has authorized the use of this commercial item
description in preference to MIL-W-25361.
1. SCOPE. This commercial item description covers low elongation textile webbing
composed of a continuous filament polyester warp and bulked nylon filling or a continuous
filament polyester filling. This webbing is intended for use in aircraft safety belts and
restraining harnesses. The type VI webbing is intended for use as slings for heavy rockets
and rocket warheads.
2. CLASSIFICATION. The webbing shall be provided in the following types and classes:
- 3,600-pound breaking strength
- 6,000-pound breaking strength
- 7,000-pound breaking strength
- 8,700-pound breaking strength
- 10,000-pound breaking strength
- 15,000-pound breaking strength
- Latex treated
3. SALIENT CHARACTERISTICS. The warp yarn for all types and filling yarn for types V
and VI shall be either 1000, 1100 or 2600 denier (nominal) semi-dull or bright, high tenacity
polyester fiber identified as polyethylene glycol terephthalate with a minimum melting point
of 472oF (see Table I). The filling yarn for types I, II, III and IV shuttle webbing shall be
bright, continuous filament bulked nylon and shuttleless webbing shall be high tenacity
Beneficial comments, recommendations, additions, deletions, clarifications, etc. and any data
which may improve this document should be sent to: Defense Personnel Support Center,
Clothing and Textiles Directorate, Attn: DPSC-FNS, 2800 South 20th Street, Philadelphia,
DISTRIBUTION STATEMENT A.
Approved for public release;
distribution is unlimited.
© Copyright 2015 Integrated Publishing, Inc.